[Virtualacorn-list] Incompatible host

Chris Newman cvjazz at waitrose.com
Thu Feb 28 21:20:56 GMT 2019

In article <578d9755d1dave at triffid.co.uk>,
   Dave Symes via Virtualacorn-list <virtualacorn-list at riscository.co.uk>
wrote:
> In article <578d94e99acvjazz at waitrose.com>,
>    Chris Newman via Virtualacorn-list
> <virtualacorn-list at riscository.co.uk> wrote:
> > In article <578d86b02adave at triffid.co.uk>,
> >    Dave Symes via Virtualacorn-list <virtualacorn-list at riscository.co.uk>
> > wrote:
> > > In article <578d7bb70acvjazz at waitrose.com>,
> > >    Chris Newman via Virtualacorn-list

> > > Win side open the VRPC dir.
> > > Open the "Models" dir.
> > > Open up the Version (jit) dir. you are using.
> > > Put the Model.cfg file in a text editor, make sure you have a suitable
> > > mount line that point at the correct place.

> > > Mine is pasted below as an example.

> > > mount0 = "HardDisc4 'C:\Apps\VirtualRPC-DL620\HardDisc4'
> > > bootopt=2,showext"

> > Thanks for that Robert but it didn't work. Delving into my own backup &
> > the backupp that came with the m/c from Rcomp, the Models file has

> > mount0 = "HardDisc4 'HardDisc4' bootopt=2,showext"

> > and that had been working so presumably something else changed.

> > --
> > Chris

> Mnnn..
> I'm not saying this is the answer, but...

> VRPC versions have a predilection for corrupting the cmos.ram file (Also
> inside the Version (jit) dir).

> I usually keep a couple of good copies in there ready for the regular FU
> that happens.

> And funnily enough, it happened again this evening, replaced the corrupted
> cmos.ram with a good copy and my VRPC-DL worked again.

> Witness I'm using the VRPC to write this...

> One last thought...
> Try putting the full file path in the "mount0 = line.

> mount0 = "HardDisc4 'C:\Fullpath to\HardDisc4' bootopt=2,showext"
>                      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

> After that, I'm out of ideas...

Tried both of those. No joy. I've just put one of my backups back & that
works but it's a bit out of date. It seemingly was done by Rcomp when they
had the machine back for something. I'm now loading my other one back.

I had been using VA on a separate partition but the guys at TOMS pointed out
that this was not a good idea as  stressed by Aaron (see

 http://www.virtualacorn.co.uk/support/vrpcinuse/index.htm

or p 29 of the latest supplement.

I'd put VA back on the C drive & all was working correctly until this trojan
came along & I had to do all the cleaning up.

--
Chris