[Virtualacorn-list] Incompatible host

Dave Symes dave at triffid.co.uk
Thu Feb 28 21:03:21 GMT 2019

In article <578d94e99acvjazz at waitrose.com>,
   Chris Newman via Virtualacorn-list
<virtualacorn-list at riscository.co.uk> wrote:
> In article <578d86b02adave at triffid.co.uk>,
>    Dave Symes via Virtualacorn-list <virtualacorn-list at riscository.co.uk>
> wrote:
> > In article <578d7bb70acvjazz at waitrose.com>,
> >    Chris Newman via Virtualacorn-list
> > <virtualacorn-list at riscository.co.uk> wrote:
> > > Hi,

> > > Having had to purge my laptop of a trojan & do lots of clean ups, my
> > > VA won't boot reporting "Incompatible host". Configuring filesystem
> > > from boot shows HostFS is selected. Exiting to desktop shows a
> > > HardDisc4 icon but selecting that shows it not found yet I can see
> > > it from the Windows side & the VA installation looks intact. I've
> > > re-set the CMOS from the install disc with no improvement. Can
> > > someone remind me what to try next please.

> > > --
> > > Chris

> > Win side open the VRPC dir.
> > Open the "Models" dir.
> > Open up the Version (jit) dir. you are using.
> > Put the Model.cfg file in a text editor, make sure you have a suitable
> > mount line that point at the correct place.

> > Mine is pasted below as an example.

> > mount0 = "HardDisc4 'C:\Apps\VirtualRPC-DL620\HardDisc4'
> > bootopt=2,showext"

> Thanks for that Robert but it didn't work. Delving into my own backup &
> the backupp that came with the m/c from Rcomp, the Models file has

> mount0 = "HardDisc4 'HardDisc4' bootopt=2,showext"

> and that had been working so presumably something else changed.

> --
> Chris

Mnnn..
I'm not saying this is the answer, but...

VRPC versions have a predilection for corrupting the cmos.ram file (Also
inside the Version (jit) dir).

I usually keep a couple of good copies in there ready for the regular FU
that happens.

And funnily enough, it happened again this evening, replaced the corrupted
cmos.ram with a good copy and my VRPC-DL worked again.

Witness I'm using the VRPC to write this...

One last thought...
Try putting the full file path in the "mount0 = line.

mount0 = "HardDisc4 'C:\Fullpath to\HardDisc4' bootopt=2,showext"

After that, I'm out of ideas...

Dave

--

Dave Triffid