[Virtualacorn-list] local PHP on Windows

Steffen Huber steffen at huber-net.de
Sat Feb 23 15:41:01 GMT 2019

> Jim Nagel via Virtualacorn-list <virtualacorn-list at riscository.co.uk> wrote:
[snip]
> My question:  Will my customer's existing setup be able to deal with PHP?

No, you need a "proper" HTTP server with PHP capabilities.

> Or will I need to install some sort of "development server" on his XP box?
> And if so, can anybody please recommend one?  (Preferably something with
> small footprint and as straightforward as Webjames.)

I recently had the need to migrate a MediaWiki installation from an
old version only running on PHP5 because my hoster will cease PHP5
support in the near future to PHP7, also involving a MySQL upgrade for
added fun.

After failing on Linux, I used UniformServer on Windows which is
a complete Apache-PHP<whatever-version-you-want>-MySQL package
(also known as the WAMP stack - Windows, Apache, MySQL, PHP).
which runs without installation and without needing admin rights.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/miniserver/

Not sure if it still runs on XP though. It is described as
"lightweight", but we all know that this means something
different on Windows than on RISC OS.

Alternatives for Windows are WampServer, UwAmp and XAMPP.

Have fun
hubersn

--
Steffen Huber LambdaComm System – Welcome to Trollinger Country
steffen at huber-net.de
Private homepage http://www.huber-net.de/
RISC OS Blog http://riscosblog.huber-net.de/