[Virtualacorn-list] local PHP on Windows

Jim Nagel vatory at abbeypress.co.uk
Sat Feb 23 20:40:54 GMT 2019

Steffen Huber via Virtualacorn-list  wrote on 23 Feb:

> I used UniformServer on Windows which is a complete
> Apache-PHP<whatever-version-you-want>-MySQL package (also known as the
> WAMP stack - Windows, Apache, MySQL, PHP). which runs without installation
> and without needing admin rights.
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/miniserver/

Thanks.  I downloaded the 13_3_2_ZeroXIII setup file here to a memory
stick and will try installing it next time I visit my customer.  Will
report back.

> Not sure if it still runs on XP though. It is described as "lightweight",
> but we all know that this means something different on Windows than on
> RISC OS.

Description on Sourceforge page says just "Windows 32-bit", which I take
to include XP, but we'll see.  Downloaded file is 28M (filetype data, a
7zip file if I read things aright).

> Alternatives for Windows are WampServer, UwAmp and XAMPP.

I also downloaded XAMPP (by Apachefriends) from Sourceforge.  It comes in
at 148M.  It says easy-to-install but I don't see the word lightweight.

Also found EasyPHP-Devserver-17/0-lite, which is 39M.

We'll see.  Thanks for the tips.

--
Jim Nagel                            www.archivemag.co.uk