[Virtualacorn-list] Can someone tell me . .

mail at JohnWoodhouse.plus.com mail at JohnWoodhouse.plus.com
Mon Dec 10 17:28:43 GMT 2018

On 10 Dec, Jeremy Nicoll - ml VA via Virtualacorn-list
<virtualacorn-list at riscository.co.uk> wrote:
> I don't really understand what you mean by "doing a transfer".
Perhaps "doing a transfer" is misleading.

What you are suggesting works normally: in Windows saving a file with a DOS
extension shows on the RO side as the same extension, just with '/' instead
of '.'

The problem is not in that direction; the problem arises if I save a file
with a DOS extension when using RO. I have (in RO) saved a file xxx.mp4
from an email to a directory. As expected, when it is seen in RO it just
has the '/' separator.
Now, switching to Windows to look at it, it shows as xxx.mp4.ffd
So for it to be usable in Windows it needs the added '.ffd' to be removed.

John

--
    ____