[Virtualacorn-list] Can someone tell me . .

Mik Towse mik.towse at xemik.com
Mon Dec 10 17:54:59 GMT 2018

In article <576450cf51mail at JohnWoodhouse.plus.com> John Woodhouse via
Virtualacorn-list wrote: [snip]
> The problem is not in that direction; the problem arises if I save a file
> with a DOS extension when using RO. I have (in RO) saved a file xxx.mp4
> from an email to a directory. As expected, when it is seen in RO it just
> has the '/' separator.
> Now, switching to Windows to look at it, it shows as xxx.mp4.ffd
> So for it to be usable in Windows it needs the added '.ffd' to be removed.
This should only happen if you haven't added .mp4 to the list under HostFS
Extensions. You'll likely have 1AD mapped to .mp3, so have you tried adding
mp4 to 1AD? IIRC, this was already been suggested.

Since you aren't using mp4 on ROS, it doesn't really matter what you map it
to under ROS, just that it /is/ mapped. I often map 'unusual' DOS extensions
to FFD or FFF to stop the problem of superfluous double extensions.

For example, I believe CSS is filetyped as F79, but I mapped it to FFF. I
only know of one program that uses the CSS filetype, so text is fine becaue
I can edit it on both platforms.

--
Mik Towse * mik.towse at xemik.com * http://www.xemik.co.uk/
My writers' site can be found at: http://www.lexis.org.uk

xemik.net - cost effective web hosting : http://xemik.net

The world isn't worse. It's just that the news coverage is so much better.

---
https://www.avg.com