[Virtualacorn-list] Help please with browser connection

Alan Adams alan at adamshome.org.uk
Sun Dec 9 19:10:54 GMT 2018

In message <5741b8eb4bmail at JohnWoodhouse.plus.com>
          John Woodhouse via Virtualacorn-list
<virtualacorn-list at riscository.co.uk> wrote:

> On 04 Oct, John Woodhouse via Virtualacorn-list
> <virtualacorn-list at riscository.co.uk> wrote:

> [Snip]

>> Can someone put me out of my misery and tell me what else needs to be
>> configured?

> [Snip]

> Sorry: please ignore. I  don't know what I diid, but it has sprung to like
> again, so I'm back to normal again - with the exception of the ancient
> Kyocera printer....
> The printer was set on an IP of 192.168.1.4 and now I cannot get into its
> network card to change it to the required 0 series to get it back on the
> network. Unfortunately it refuses to access the card because it is not a
> Kyocera one. Is there some sort of fiddle to get temporarily onto the 0
> series network to get into the printer to change the card's IP ?

> John

You will have to temporarily change the address of a computer into the 0
range, connect to the printer, change that, then change the computer back
to where it was.

(Actually if it's a Windows computer it is possible to give it addresses
in both ranges, but for this exercise that's too tricky, and unnecessarily
complicated.)

--
Alan Adams, from Northamptonshire
alan at adamshome.org.uk