[Virtualacorn-list] Where is VRPC DL?

Jeremy Nicoll - ml VA jn.ml.vac.83 at wingsandbeaks.org.uk
Wed Sep 27 14:51:14 BST 2017

On 2017-09-27 14:16, John McCartney wrote:

> Why do I need VRPC DL when I've already got a full
> StrongARM Adjust running on the laptop? Of course, I don't!
> I'll just install it on Windows 7 inside Virtualbox and it
> will see all the hardware it expects to see.

It might not.  Virtualisation doesn't always present the same
underlying hardware.

It can also depend (not necessarily for network cards, but in general)
on the specific version of Virtualbox (or competing products) - free
apps sometimes offer less access to underlying hardware than paid-for
products.

Also some virtualisation features (though I can't say which) depend on
the real machine's processor having certain hardware features there to
support eg access by the virtual machine to device drivers on the real
machine.

--
Jeremy Nicoll - my opinions are my own