[Virtualacorn-list] Avast Free freezes VRPC

Dave Symes dave at triffid.co.uk
Mon Nov 27 09:07:51 GMT 2017

In article <a71272a156.barry.punchard at barry.btinternet.com>,
   Barry Punchard <barry.punchard at btinternet.com> wrote:

> Adding to above, - for me, always fails when VRPC was minimised before
> hibernation, but not in either of the other two cases. The VA thread
> shows it has varied from user to user. It has varied for me, too, on
> previous machines and incarnations. Now in addition going into Windows
> Task Manager.

When I had VRPC-Adjust SA on my old laptop, going into hibernation then
re-awakening would crap up the VRPC Install.

Mostly the usual... "Failed to create a Primary surface..."

That still happens with the new Win 10 notebook, but I've changed the
setting to Sleep from which VRPC-DL seems to come back to life okay.

That's in either minimised or full screen...

Dave

Just to mention in passing, Failed to create a primary surface can also
happen to Windows, windows apps as well.
D.

Nb: Yes I know what VRPC is...
D.

--