[Virtualacorn-list] VA won't start properly

Dave Symes dave at triffid.co.uk
Fri Mar 3 16:11:04 GMT 2017

In article <5616FF2F3F%mik.towse at xemik.com>,
   Mik Towse <mik.towse at xemik.com> wrote:
> In article <5616b52caccvjazz at waitrose.com> Chris Newman  wrote:
> > I have a Lenovo laptop with 250 GB SSD. It runs Windows 10 & has VA
> > 4.39 on a partition. It came from RComp.
> >
> > The SSD  failed & a local firm put in a new one in & reinstalled W10.
> > The VA stuff was saved.

[Snip]

This is a possible answer...

>From the Windows side go the the directory in which you have your VRPC
installed.
Open the VRPC Directory
Open the Models Directory
Select the Model (Jit) directory used) and open it.

Open the models.cfg file in a proper text editor.

Scroll down and find this particular line "mount0 etc".

This is an extract from my VRPC install.

[HostFS]
podule = 0
mount0 = "HardDisc4 'C:\Apps\VRPC\VirtualRPC-DL620\HardDisc4'
bootopt=2,showext"

(The mount line is all one line).

Check the path written from when it was initially installed (Not copied)
is the same as the actual path to the place into which it was/is now
copied.

If not, then amend the above line to match exactly the new place.
And Save.

Hope that sorts your problem.

Dave

--