[Virtualacorn-list] RiscOS-MS file conversion

Dave Symes dave at triffid.co.uk
Sun Jun 4 18:18:49 BST 2017

In article <5646FE25EE%mik.towse at xemik.com>,
   Mik Towse <mik.towse at xemik.com> wrote:
> In article <5646f3927cdave at triffid.co.uk> Dave Symes  wrote:

> > In article <9c112269-561d-d26b-6ff8-d470e17054e4 at druck.org.uk>, David
> >    J. Ruck <druck at druck.org.uk> wrote:
> > > That's probably due to just the old version of the installer code it
> > > uses. It should be possible to extract the exe and DLLs and perform
> > > a manual installation in Program Files (x86).
> > I wonder how that could be done?
> >
> > I've looked at it in ResHacker and can't see anything meaningful to me.

> Have you tried running the installer as Admin' in Compatibility mode?
> Assuming that option is available, of course.

Indeed I have, but failure is the same.

Thanks for the thought...

Dave

Nb: It's not a matter of great importance as I have a paid for and
licensed copy of AspexDraw, but an interesting ongoing conundrum, there's
so many apps around, RISC OS or Windows that are lost, forgotten, or
haven't been updated since... forever... Such a waste.

Dave

--

Dave Triffid