[Virtualacorn-list] RiscOS-MS file conversion

Mik Towse mik.towse at xemik.com
Sun Jun 4 21:14:07 BST 2017

In article <564702cb64dave at triffid.co.uk> Dave Symes  wrote:

> In article <5646FE25EE%mik.towse at xemik.com>,
>    Mik Towse <mik.towse at xemik.com> wrote:
> > In article <5646f3927cdave at triffid.co.uk> Dave Symes  wrote:
[snip]
> > > I've looked at it in ResHacker and can't see anything meaningful to me.
> > Have you tried running the installer as Admin' in Compatibility mode?
> > Assuming that option is available, of course.
> Indeed I have, but failure is the same.
>
> Thanks for the thought...
Another option pertinent to this thread, too, is run XP on something like
VMLite Workstation.

I use it to run an old payroll program I use once a month. It would run on
W8.1, but needs an updated ODBC driver that you can't get without paying Sage
£320 to upgrade.

--
Mik Towse * mik.towse at xemik.com * http://www.xemik.co.uk/
My writers' site can be found at: http://www.lexis.org.uk

xemik.net - cost effective web hosting : http://xemik.net

Anagram 11 : Desperation = A Rope Ends It