[Virtualacorn-list] Mouse nightmare

Vince M Hudd vince at softrock.co.uk
Sat Nov 8 17:47:14 GMT 2014

Mik Towse <mik.towse at xemik.com> wrote:
> In article <mpro.nems81000bc7204ck.vince at softrock.co.uk> Vince M Hudd
> wrote: [snip]

> > Tell me I'm not going mad. Those _are_ the default settings, which
> > previously allowed my three button mouse to act like a proper three
> > button mouse, with Select, Menu and Adjust, aren't they? And not, as it
> > insists on acting now, with Select, Adjust and Menu.

> Does your laptop have a Menu key to the right of Alt Gr?

No. The lack of that button is the root of the problem - it's why I changed
the settings so that the right touchpad button acted as Menu.

> When you are Mouse-less you can set the left & right buttons to be Select
> & Adjust & use the Menu key to open RISC OS meuns.

Unless you don't have one. :/

> I'm not sure this answers the question you asked, but I thght I'd throw it
> into the mix. It might help. ;)

That didn't - but you *have* answered my question, by telling me (in effect)
that the settings above were *not* the defaults with this:

> BTW remember that the THIRD button is the middle one & not the second as
> you might expect.

Changing the options so that the third button should be the middle button
puts things back how I want them when using RISC OS on a desk - my three
mouse buttons are now Select, Menu and Adjust, rather than Select, Adjust
and Menu.

Thank you!

--
Vince M Hudd, Soft Rock Software - www.softrock.co.uk