[Virtualacorn-list] Mouse nightmare

Jeremy Nicoll - ml virtualacorn jn.ml.vac.83 at wingsandbeaks.org.uk
Thu Nov 6 21:46:16 GMT 2014

Vince M Hudd <vince at softrock.co.uk> wrote:

>Jeremy Nicoll - ml virtualacorn <jn.ml.vac.83 at wingsandbeaks.org.uk> wrote:
>
>> Vince M Hudd <vince at softrock.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>> > It didn't occur to me until I was actually using my laptop *like a
>> > laptop* at one point today - but my laptop keyboard lacks a 'menu' key
>
>> Wouldn't it be easier then to map some other keyboard combination so it
>> produces 'menu'?
>
>Why would that be easier when the options are there, in VRPC?

I suppose two reasons:

a) whatever you configured in VRPC hasn't worked properly

b) because doing it in the host OS makes the remapped key available for
   other apps too.

> (Also, if I'm doing anything that needs precision in such a situation, I
> suspect I'd find the touchpad more practical than a mouse being used on a
> trouser leg.

Well, you might. I loathe touchpads and never use them unless the mouse has
suddenly flattened its battery.  Bear in mind the mouse-on-leg can work on
the side of your leg, a surface that's not likely to be in use for much
else.