[Virtualacorn-list] Mouse nightmare

Jeremy Nicoll - ml virtualacorn jn.ml.vac.83 at wingsandbeaks.org.uk
Thu Nov 6 20:33:58 GMT 2014

Vince M Hudd <vince at softrock.co.uk> wrote:

>It didn't occur to me until I was actually using my laptop *like a laptop*
>at one point today - but my laptop keyboard lacks a 'menu' key ...

Wouldn't it be easier then to map some other keyboard combination so it
produces 'menu'?

I've only once doen something like that, to produce a Del key for someone
whose laptop had a broken key; although various utilities exist that will do
it I chose to install  the (on the face of it, more complex) AutoHotKey and
use a very simple AHK script.

> Since I didn't have a mouse handy (which is likely to be the case when
> using it as a laptop - and even if I carry one in the bag, I can't be sure
> of having anywhere to use it)

Some of the wireless notebook 'laser' mice are very small and will track on
pretty much any surface, eg a trouser leg...