[Virtualacorn-list] Mouse nightmare

Vince M Hudd vince at softrock.co.uk
Thu Nov 6 18:48:01 GMT 2014

It didn't occur to me until I was actually using my laptop *like a laptop*
at one point today - but my laptop keyboard lacks a 'menu' key - so there is
no way, with the default settings, to call up a menu in RISC OS unless using
a mouse.

Since I didn't have a mouse handy (which is likely to be the case when using
it as a laptop - and even if I carry one in the bag, I can't be sure of
having anywhere to use it) I changed the settings so that the right button
gives a menu (which means I lose Adjust).

I was thinking that when I'm back at a desk, I can just change the settings
again and go back to using a three button mouse properly, with Select, Menu
and Adjust.

Except that having changed things back, the right button still wants to be
the RISC OS Menu button - so, on the face of it, I've now compromised my use
of RISC OS using this machine on a desk in order to use it as a laptop.

The current settings are:

Menu key emulates button: second
First button generates Acorn Left button
Second button generates Acorn Middle button
Third button generates Acorn Right button
[ticked] Windows key is break key

Tell me I'm not going mad. Those _are_ the default settings, which
previously allowed my three button mouse to act like a proper three button
mouse, with Select, Menu and Adjust, aren't they? And not, as it insists on
acting now, with Select, Adjust and Menu.

--
Vince M Hudd, Soft Rock Software - www.softrock.co.uk

The RISC OS Awards & Survey results: www.riscosawards.co.uk