[Virtualacorn-list] VRPC being sluggish.

T.O.M.S. admin at toms12.plus.com
Fri Mar 21 13:09:34 GMT 2014

Hello folks

On Fri Mar 21 12:15:12 GMT 2014, Barry Punchard barry.punchard at
btinternet.com  sayeth:

> I regularly have 3 occurrences of 'Red Squirrel Tools' displayed
> amongst the Module Tasks of Task Display. Is that likely to
> cause a delay? Are they necessary? If not, how do I stop the
> other two being launched? Is that what you meant?

> I sometimes get the delays others report, but they eventually
> clear without any action on my part, even when tere are 3 RSTs.

Cor, this is a *very* long-running thread - 9 years and still
counting!

The consensus (including the 'official' advice from Aaron) seems to be
either to *RMKill all but one instance of RSTools or, arguably better
still, press <F12>, type *unplug RSTools and press <Enter>.

This seems to apply to various features, activities and probs, e.g.
CallWin32, the stuttering mouse and the scroll wheel.

We've *unplugged RSTools on all our business/domestic machines
including the battery-driven netbook (total 8), seemingly with no
adverse reactions.

If you want to delve further, the following are related threads I've
found on the VirtualAcorn Forum, in chronological order 2005-2010, but
not necessarily an exhaustive listing:

http://www.virtualacorn.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=273&p=914

http://www.virtualacorn.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=310

http://www.virtualacorn.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=583