[Virtualacorn-list] VRPC being sluggish.

Barry Punchard barry.punchard at btinternet.com
Fri Mar 21 12:15:12 GMT 2014

On 20 Mar          druck at druck.org.uk wrote:

> On 16/03/2014 20:39, Peter Young wrote:
<...>
> > computer for e-mailing. I've found a lot of time that the response to the
> > keyboard is very slow, and sometimes a relatively high proportion of
> > keystrokes don't get registered. There's also sometimes a sluggish response
> > to menu clicks.
>
> Check that you haven't got CallWin32 utility installed in VRPC, as
> sometimes you can get two idle cpu returning tasks running on RISC OS
> which plays hell with it. I cant remember the task name, but look for
> two of the same name in RISC OS Task Manager , mode task section.

I regularly have 3 occurrences of 'Red Squirrel Tools' displayed amongst the
Module Tasks of Task Display. Is that likely to cause a delay? Are they
necessary? If not, how do I stop the other two being launched? Is that what you
meant?

I sometimes get the delays others report, but they eventually clear without any
action on my part, even when tere are 3 RSTs.

Barry
--
   //__))arry //unchard        mailto:barry.punchard at btinternet.com