[Virtualacorn-list] VRPC being sluggish.

David J. Ruck druck at druck.org.uk
Thu Mar 20 17:54:43 GMT 2014

On 16/03/2014 20:39, Peter Young wrote:
> Recently, when away from home, and today when I had a transient
> problem with my main ARMini machine, I've been using VRPC as my main
> computer for e-mailing. I've found a lot of time that the response to
> the keyboard is very slow, and sometimes a relatively high proportion
> of keystrokes don't get registered. There's also sometimes a sluggish
> response to menu clicks.

Check that you haven't got CallWin32 utility installed in VRPC, as
sometimes you can get two idle cpu returning tasks running on RISC OS
which plays hell with it. I cant remember the task name, but look for
two of the same name in RISC OS Task Manager , mode task section.

Cheers
---David
Email: druck at druck.org.uk
Phone: +44-(0)7974 108301