[Virtualacorn-list] VRPC being sluggish.

T.O.M.S. admin at toms12.plus.com
Mon Mar 17 12:24:32 GMT 2014

Hello Folks

In message <6d1676e953.pnyoung at pnyoung.ormail.co.uk>
          Peter Young <pnyoung at ormail.co.uk> wrote:

> I've found a lot of time that the response to
> the keyboard is very slow, and sometimes a relatively high
> proportion of keystrokes don't get registered. There's also
> sometimes a sluggish response to menu clicks.

We fully agree with Mike H's follow-up.

A quickly-done check is whether the hard disc activity LED is busy, as
that may well indicate that lots of processor power is being used up,
maybe elsewhere.

Try the dreaded <Ctrl-Alt-Delete>, select the Processes tab and see
what the bottom line ('System Idle Process'I is saying. If anything
less than around 98% in the CPU column, have a shufti further up the
column (including VirtualRPC) to see where the oomph is going. It
might well pin down the culprit, e.g. your anti-virus prog.

HTH,

Alex Hamilton
pp T.O.M.S.