[Virtualacorn-list] VRPC Suddenly Become Very Slow

Mik Towse mik.towse at xemik.com
Mon Jul 21 16:44:32 BST 2014

In article <542ac0cb67dave at triffid.co.uk> Dave Symes  wrote:
> I have a VRPC-Adjust SA (RO 6.20) installed on a (FreeCom) USB Harddrive
> plugged in to a Win 7 Pro machine, and yes *obviously* it is a *little*
> slower than the VRPC-Adjust SA actually installed on the Internal
> Harddrive, it *doesn't* exhibit the sort of things you describe.
It just occurred to me, perhaps I should plug it in to the Netbook. This is
one reason it's on a USB drive, so I can simply move the whole setup when I
go on holiday.

Also the reason I have the program on the C: drive of each computer, so I
don't have any hardware issues (in theory). Windows doesn't like being
bullied into making the USB drive E: on both, though, it gets upset with it's
DVD drive letter. ;) Yeah, it always default to D: but my latest PC uses that
for a recovery partition! <sigh>

Not sure it will prove anything, though, since it all worked fine till the
power cut.

--
Mik Towse * mik.towse at xemik.com * http://www.xemik.co.uk/
My writers' site can be found at: http://www.lexis.org.uk

xemik.net - cost effective web hosting : http://xemik.net

A woman is no sooner ours than we are no longer hers. Montaigne