[Virtualacorn-list] VRPC Suddenly Become Very Slow

Mik Towse mik.towse at xemik.com
Mon Jul 21 13:28:34 BST 2014

In article <285da82a54.Alan.Adams at iyonix.adamshome.org.uk> Alan Adams  wrote:
> In message <542AA4AF4D%mik.towse at xemik.com>
>           Mik Towse <mik.towse at xemik.com> wrote:
>
> > In article <0E305647DE1440A5A9F7D26945E61B27 at philipsdesktop> T.O.M.S. wrote:
> >> On Sat Jul 19 15:14:42 BST 2014, Mik Towse mik.towse at xemik.com
> >> sayeth:
>
> <snip>
> > PS:
> > This is my second attempt at writing this email today. My first was lost
> > when VRPC crashed as I accessed 'Processes' with an error message 'Unable
> > to create partition surface' or something along those lines. Hm...
> The message "unable to create primary surface" sometimes occurs when
> Windows recovers from hibernation, but I see it more frequently when I
> accidentally start two copies of VRPC. You don't have 2 copies
> running, do you - it might explain the problem?
No, definitely only one copy running. VRPC doesn't run at bootup. It's locked
on the Taskbar, so one click & it's running. The PC is set to never hibernate
because, after several hibernations in a day, the W8 mouse bug kicks in & a
restart is needed.

On this occasion it happened when I went to the Process window as I moved
down the TOMS email following their suggestions. I have seen it a few times
before & often wonder if it's becuase the VRPC HDDs live on a USB drive.

--
Mik Towse * mik.towse at xemik.com * http://www.xemik.co.uk/
My writers' site can be found at: http://www.lexis.org.uk

xemik.net - cost effective web hosting : http://xemik.net

Don't worry, if everything worked right you'd be out of a job.