[Virtualacorn-list] Self-build PC

Alan Marshall alan at thelaith.com
Tue Jul 1 16:18:54 BST 2014

In message <5420690deej.mccartney at blueyonder.co.uk>
          John McCartney  wrote:

> I'm in the process of building my own PC for the first
> time. It's well specified but not OTT. It has an Intel Core
> i5 4570 and an Asrock motherboard (B85M-HDS-M-ATX) with 8
> GB of fast RAM (1600 GHz).

> I'm not fitting a graphics card and hope that the Intel HD
> graphics in the processor will be good enough. If not, then
> a graphics card will be needed. The critical point is how
> well it handles scrolling in Virtual RiscPC. In my laptop I
> detect a certain amount of hesitation although my desktop
> is OK. They both have NVIDIA graphics cards.

> Has anyone here experience of running VRPC on a modern
> Intel processor without a graphics card? Will I need to fit
> one?

> John

I have a similar setup:-

  - Gigabyte GA-Z97MX-Gaming 5 LGA1150 Micro ATX Motherboard
  - Intel 4th Gen Core i5 4670S 3.1GHz 65W HD4600 6MB Quad Core CPU
  - Crucial Standard 8GB (2x4GB) 1600MHz CL11 DDR3 Memory

and there is no hesitation at all, in fact I could do with it being a
little slower so I can keep up :-)

Alan.