[Virtualacorn-list] Self-build PC

John McCartney j.mccartney at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Jul 1 14:28:06 BST 2014

I'm in the process of building my own PC for the first
time. It's well specified but not OTT. It has an Intel Core
i5 4570 and an Asrock motherboard (B85M-HDS-M-ATX) with 8
GB of fast RAM (1600 GHz).

I'm not fitting a graphics card and hope that the Intel HD
graphics in the processor will be good enough. If not, then
a graphics card will be needed. The critical point is how
well it handles scrolling in Virtual RiscPC. In my laptop I
detect a certain amount of hesitation although my desktop
is OK. They both have NVIDIA graphics cards.

Has anyone here experience of running VRPC on a modern
Intel processor without a graphics card? Will I need to fit
one?

John

--
John McCartney