[Virtualacorn-list] Self-build PC

John McCartney j.mccartney at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Jul 1 23:05:45 BST 2014

In article <d532732054.Alan at icarusba.org.uk>, Alan Marshall
<alan at thelaith.com> wrote:
> In message <5420690deej.mccartney at blueyonder.co.uk> John
>           McCartney  wrote:

<snip>

> > Has anyone here experience of running VRPC on a modern
> > Intel processor without a graphics card? Will I need to
> > fit one?

> I have a similar setup:-

>   - Gigabyte GA-Z97MX-Gaming 5 LGA1150 Micro ATX
>   Motherboard - Intel 4th Gen Core i5 4670S 3.1GHz 65W
>   HD4600 6MB Quad Core CPU - Crucial Standard 8GB (2x4GB)
>   1600MHz CL11 DDR3 Memory

> and there is no hesitation at all, in fact I could do
> with it being a little slower so I can keep up :-)

That's good to know, Alan. I have the machine up and
running and it's all gone far more smoothly than I hoped
for. I haven't installed VRPC yet as I haven't got the
Windows side finished apart from those interminable updates
- over 700 MB in 3 wodges - and some temporary free
anti-virus).

John

--
John McCartney