[Virtualacorn-list] Can someone tell me . .

T.O.M.S. admin at toms12.plus.com
Sat Dec 13 12:45:01 GMT 2014

On Sat Dec 13 11:45:33 GMT 2014,  mail at JohnWoodhouse.co.uk mail at
JohnWoodhouse.co.uk sayeth:

> . . how they come to terms with the transfer of files between the
> host Windows filing system and VRPC ?

> It drives me mad having to file-type anything that is imported into
> RO since all files are shown as being text, and then exporting
> to Windows from RO all files are given extensions which are
> meaningless to that system.

It should be automatic, so it sounds like something has broken on your
system.

For starters, please could you put VirtualRPC in a window, then click
in turn on Tools -- Options and then the Hostfs Extensions tab.

In the main window, you should then have 2 columns, listing all the
filetypes, with the 3-character alphanumeric code for each filetype in
the Type column, and the equivalent RISC OS filetypes in the
Extensions column.

If the listing is missing, that's your problem, easily fixed. If not,
it's something more deep-seated.

Could you rreport back and we'll try to take it from there.

Alex Hamilton
pp T.O.M.S.

-----
No virus found in this message.