[Virtualacorn-list] Can someone tell me . .

T.O.M.S. admin at toms12.plus.com
Sun Dec 14 13:06:22 GMT 2014

On Sun Dec 14 12:27:29 GMT 2014 , mail at JohnWoodhouse.co.uk mail at
JohnWoodhouse.co.uk sayeth:

>>  For starters, please ...  click on Tools -- Options and then the
>> Hostfs Extensions tab.

>> In the main window, you should then have 2 columns, listing all
>> the filetypes, ..

> Having done that, I see the window is completely blank!

Good.  (In the senses that this is where the problem lies, and that
it's easily fixed.)

To fix it, do you have a back-up copy of the Extensions file?

If Yes, replace the (corrupt) file located in the E:\Program
Files\VirtualAcorn\VirtualRPC-AdjustSA\Plugins\HostFS2 folder with the
back-up copy.

If no, please download a 1KB replacement Extensions file from
http://www.virtualacorn.co.uk/dloadpage/betautil.htm (at the bottom of
that page).

Then install it, in the above location, as per the ReadMe file.

Then try it. Fingers crossed...

If you had to install the replacement Extensions file, please note
that it's a 'bare-bones' job, with just a basic range of 30+ filetypes
included. If you had added any to the previous (corrupt) Extension
file, you'll have to add these all over again.   :-(

So having done that ***MAKE A BACK-UP COPY**, keep it in a safe
place - and don't forget where the safe place is.   ;-)

If it still doesn't work, please report back with the symptoms. HTH.

Alex Hamilton
pp T.O.M.S.

-----
No virus found in this message.