[Virtualacorn-list] Can someone tell me . .

mail at JohnWoodhouse.co.uk mail at JohnWoodhouse.co.uk
Sat Dec 13 11:45:33 GMT 2014

. . how they come to terms with the transfer of files between the host
Windows filing system and VRPC ?

It drives me mad having to file-type anything that is imported into RO
since all files are shown as being text, and then exporting to Windows from
RO all files are given extensions which are meaningless to that system.

I have tried to tick the Tools > HostFS > NoTypes box but that does not
stay ticked.
I have installed VARPC in E: drive in a directory nemed Virtual Acorn and
run RO exclusively from that.
I am running RO using the Arm7500 model in order to have control of the
scroll mouse button.

My Model.cfg file contains the lines :

podule = 0
mount0 = "HardDisc4 'E:\Program
Files\VirtualAcorn\VirtualRPC-AdjustSA\HardDisc4' bootopt=2,showext"
mount1 = "PCTxfer 'E:\[Txfer]' showext,notypes"

Does everyone have this problem? I transfer a lot of files backwards &
forwards between the systems and think that I must somehow have something
configured wrongly.

Can anyone help, please?
John

--