[Virtualacorn-list] Windows 8.1 External drives

Dave Symes dave at triffid.co.uk
Wed Aug 13 06:57:09 BST 2014

In article <54363f5cbbbrian.jordan9 at btinternet.com>,
   Brian Jordan <brian.jordan9 at btinternet.com> wrote:
[Snippy]
> I'm not too familiar with Windows but all users seem to have permission
> to do everything everywhere.

Even on Win 7 that can give problems... appearing to be, but often, unless
you explicitly set it, not the case.

Dunno if this will help in your situation Brian, but worth a look at the
below noted page. (In case broken, the URL runs over two lines).

I'm only on Win 7 Pro but a year or so ago I had some Win Ownership
problems and found a registry hack that sorted it.
It's nothing particularly exotic, just some Registry key scripts to
facilitate the ownership process, or if required, a second to remove them.

Just looking at the place I sourced it, I see it works with Win 8

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/add-take-ownership-to-explorer-right-click-menu-in-vista/?PageSpeed=noscript

3/4 down the page below the Blue outlined box is the download link.

Dave

I have a VRPC-Adjust SA install on an external USB hardrive...

--

Dave Triffid