[Virtualacorn-list] Windows 8.1 External drives

Jeremy Nicoll - ml virtualacorn jn.ml.vac.83 at wingsandbeaks.org.uk
Wed Aug 13 00:51:38 BST 2014

Brian Jordan <brian.jordan9 at btinternet.com> wrote:

> Neither running as Administrator, nor running in XP compatibility mode
> seem to fix the problem.

A quick google for: w8.1 permissions external drives
suggests the problem might be more complicated... there seem to be hits for
problems where people are attaching to W8.1 an external drive whose file
system was created from another computer.  Thus the files on such a drive
wouldn't be owned by any of the users on the W8.1 machine.

I haven't read any of the detailed discussions.