[Virtualacorn-list] End of Microsoft support for Windows XP

Jeremy Nicoll - ml virtualacorn jn.ml.vac.83 at wingsandbeaks.org.uk
Mon Apr 7 18:10:51 BST 2014

Peter Young <pnyoung at ormail.co.uk> wrote:

> It still shoes in Add or Remove Programs. Any more advice on where I go
> from here?

That could either be because it (or part of it) IS still installed, or
perhaps just because the registry keys which drive the CP Add/Remove program
are still present.

There's is/was an MS tool which I've used successfully for tidying up CP A/R
entries, but according to:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Installer_CleanUp_Utility
it is no longer recommended that one uses it.  Instead there's a suggestion
there of a more recent MS fixit - see the link just above "References" on
that wikipedia page.