[Virtualacorn-list] End of Microsoft support for Windows XP

Chris Newman cvjazz at waitrose.com
Mon Apr 7 17:50:12 BST 2014

In article <cca007f453.pnyoung at pnyoung.ormail.co.uk>,
   Peter Young <pnyoung at ormail.co.uk> wrote:

<snip>

>      Uninstall Java. Here's a problem for me. In Add and Remove
>      programs I had two instances of Java. One installed nicely,
>      and the other one won't, giving an error message. I've taken
>      the drastic step of removing it from Program Files, and then
>      running CCleaner's registry scan, and deleting the files it
>      finds. It still shoes in Add or Remove Programs. Any more
>      advice on where I go from here?

Oracle, Java's developer, offers an uninstallation tool at...

http://www.java.com/en/download/uninstallapplet.jsp

I uninstalled it ages ago so when I run the uninstaller it doesn't find any
information so wants me to install the latest Java, which I don't do.
However, from the Start menu, running a search on the word java still finds
lots of instances (notwithstanding that some of them of course relate to
Javascript).

I tried running my usual uninstaller applcation, Iobit & it didn't find any
reference to Java so I must have successfully removed the main bits.

--
Chris