[Virtualacorn-list] End of Microsoft support for Windows XP

T.O.M.S. admin at toms12.plus.com
Wed Apr 2 10:58:31 BST 2014

On Tue Apr 1 23:43:26 BST 2014, Mike Hobbs mike at greengenie.plus.com
sayeth:

          "T.O.M.S." <admin at toms12.plus.com> wrote:
>> We're continuing to use the last-available *2012*
>> version of  AVG Free (v2012.0.2197 on
>> http://www.filehippo.com/download_avg_antivirus_32/12831/)

>This version appears not to be available - "File not found".

> So has anyone got a copy of the 2012 AVG distribution?

I'm sorry to hear of this hiccup Mike. All 4 of our machines take us
straight to the link, so I wonder if it's a browser thing? We're using
Internet Explorer and Google Chrome, but I'll get Alex to investigate
others.

In the meantime, if the stopper is repeatable, can I suggest you go to
FileHippo's home page and then step through the various sub-pages to
find it from there.

The detailed (suggested) procedure is set out on pp49-50 in our
VirtualRPC In Use - Supplements booklet (the bottom link on
http://www.virtualacorn.co.uk/support/vrpcinuse/index.htm ).

NB that it's specifically v2012.0.2197 that you're looking for (choice
of 32- or 64-bit versions), and that presently it's on p3 in the
'Older versions' listings.

The installer is 142MB so not really email-able. But if all else
fails, then Avast! is getting various plaudits. HTH.

Jim Nottingham
pp T.O.M.S.