[Virtualacorn-list] VA shutdown problem

Chris Newman cvjazz at waitrose.com
Thu Sep 20 18:17:10 BST 2012

Hi,

Recently, when I shut down VA I get a blue screen of death, dumping to memory
warning (although nothing seems to be happening) & the following error
codes.....

Stop: 0x0000008E

0xC0000005
>From the net that could be memory or driver or support.microsoft.com/kb/938828

0x805B1DF2

0xF23FC004

0x00000000  That seems to be unrecoverable hardware error

I tried re-installing VA - no improvement.

Although one of the codes pointed to a possible dodgy memory bank, I tried
taking out each memory block in turn but the Windows side still worked so I
don't think it's a memory problem.

I don't think I've changed anything to cause a driver problem.

On trying to run VA I sometimes get..

Machine startup has not completed succesfully File &!Boot not found.

Everything on the Windows side see to be working normally & VA works
perfectly once it's up & running.

Any clues?

Regards,

--