[Virtualacorn-list] Second virtual Hard drive

Dave Symes dave at triffid.co.uk
Tue Apr 10 14:49:16 BST 2012

In article <mpro.m29j7b000wa7d0090 at wingsandbeaks.org.uk.invalid>,
   Jeremy Nicoll - ml virtualacorn <jn.ml.vac.83 at wingsandbeaks.org.uk>
wrote:
> Brian Jordan <brian.jordan9 at btinternet.com> wrote:

> >Mine is at:
> >
> >C:\ProgramFiles\VirtualAcorn\VirtualRPC-AdjustSA\HardDisc5

> Mine used to be but I moved it out, to a Dropbox folder.  The location of
> such drives is defined in

> C:\Program Files\VirtualAcorn\VirtualRPC-AdjustSA\Models\StrongARM RISC
> OS Adjust (Jit)\Model.cfg

> (or another architecture's corresponding file), in the "[HostFS]"
> section.

Ah! I think a light is dawning.
My assumption was, from my obvious misreading of the manual. (Or is it).

Boot-Configure-Discs and set hardDisc to an extra one, and yes up pops a
new Hardisc icon of 50 Mbytes.
Name that as HD5 and Bob's me wotsit...

So what you guys are saying is, created a HD5 directory in the VRPC Win
install directory, then point the HostFS Mount/Path at it.
Well yes that would obviously work...
Strange business.

> I expect that the default location for a HostFS folder is inside
> C:\Program Files\ just for ease of installation, but there's no need for
> it to stay there.

I Never (unless there's no choice) put anything other than MS or System
related installs in Program Files.
I have my own install directory for other apps and such like.

Thanks for the chat chaps...
I'm still confused, but'll try it your way. Probably, after I've thought
about is some more.

!!
Dave

--