[Virtualacorn-list] Failure of ShareFS with a Mac OS Lion host

Jeremy Nicoll - ml virtualacorn jn.ml.vac.83 at wingsandbeaks.org.uk
Mon Nov 21 17:07:08 GMT 2011

Tim Powys-Lybbe <tim at powys.org> wrote:

> Thanks for that but Mac, being a helpful operating system, only allows
> one to avoid its firewall by Application and has absolutely no facility
> for enabling ports.  So I added VirtualRPC to the list but it made no
> difference.

But surely file sharing must be possible.  I know nothing about Macs, but to
me: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1810  somewhat implies that in the
firewall's 'Advanced Settings', having '1. Block all incoming connections:'
turned on will prevent sharing from working.  Have you got that block
disabled?

Does file-sharing with a Windows PC work?