[Virtualacorn-list] vrpcinuse supplements

Brian Carroll briancarroll at f2s.com
Sat Mar 12 17:24:08 GMT 2011

In article <4a67e3b251.Steve at btinternet.com>,
   <stephen.hull at btinternet.com> wrote:
> In message <23444DFFDB9F463EBE856DAAE3C34614 at philipsdesktop>
>           "T.O.M.S." <toms at ndirect.co.uk> wrote:

> >On 02 Mar David Pitt pittdj at pittdj.co.uk said:
> >
> >> For anyone else who has also been fast asleep there are
> >> further vrpcinuse supplements at
> >> http://www.virtualacorn.co.uk/support/vrpcinuse/supp.htm

[Snip]

> Anyone please know how to actually print out the
> vrpcinuse/pdf? I can't print it out using Uniprint with PDF
> v3.02 on RISC OS without the page layout all going weird.

> I can't print using Adobe or Foxit from VRPC as nether these
> programs print the file as intended either.

> There must be some magic way of tweaking the printer dialog to
> get the PDF to print as intended from windows.

> I am using a HP PSC 1400 series printer but cannot get the
> page format correct even in preview using vista.

I have just printed out the 3 Supplements from the web site given
above.  The files were downloaded on A RiscPC using NetSurf v2.6
and unzipped to get the 3 PDFs.  Then using Uniprint v3.20 in its
/launch/, not printing, mode the PDFs were passed to my networked
PC with WindowsXP and printed in using Adobe Reader X (ie, 10).
The default print dialogue settings were OK. I now have 6
perfectly printed A5 page pairs which can be folded as 6 duplex
pages in the right sequence to add to the 'Archive'- printed
booklet.

You should be able to follow this route with Vista and
VirtualRpc.  There is no need to use !PDF; Adobe Reader has an
extremely flexible print dialogue which is much better than
anything I have come across in RISC OS.

Brian.