[Virtualacorn-list] Comparison of VRPC on Mac or Windows 7

Mik Towse mik.towse at xemik.com
Sat Mar 5 10:24:02 GMT 2011

In article <7A9A3187714D4C6CA8FCB14E5351D6C6 at philipsdesktop> T.O.M.S. wrote:
> On 4 Mar, Mik Towse mik.towse at xemik.com said:
> > When I used to use VRPC in full screen mode & it 'dropped out',
> > invariably because I launched a link to Firefox, I found pressing
> > Alt-Tab until VRPC was highighted brought me back into full
> > screen.
> Nice one Mik! That's a further valuable snippet tending to support
> something we're working on to fettle this problem.
>
> Firstly, when VirtualRPC 'drops out' into a window, you may find the
> window contents are also frozen, i.e. the RISC OS backdrop hasn't been
> rescaled down to fit the smaller window. And if the RISC OS pointer
> just happens to be visible in that portion of the window, you'll
> probably find that's also frozen. Or as others report, the window
> contents may go black (blank).
What I end up with is a 2-inch wide title bar (with no furniture) in the
bottom left of the Windows screen /and/ a window containing VRPC in the
background. If I click on the title bar VRPC reverts to full screen. However,
if I link to Firefox again, VRPC dies with the usual Windows application
error.

[snip]
> Thanks again, yet more evidence. A little more testing and we should
> be able to go public with a) what we think is happening and b) what
> you/we might be able to do about it.
No problem, I must be picking up the vibes from you since I only live 8 miles
away! :o)

--
Mik Towse * mik.towse at xemik.com * http://www.xemik.co.uk/
My writers' site can be found at: http://www.lexis.org.uk

xemik.net - cost effective web hosting : http://xemik.net

The older a man gets, the farther he had to walk to school as a boy.