[Virtualacorn-list] Triple or quadruple click on Windows7

Paul Sprangers p.sprangers at sprie.nl
Sat Jun 18 14:25:16 BST 2011

Op 17-6-2011 22:06, Jeremy Nicoll - ml virtualacorn schreef:
> If you navigate to the VRPC program, then make a fresh shortcut to it (which
> I presume is possible if it's like XP - right-click the program and choose
> Create shortcut, or Send To desktop as a shortcut), does the new shortcut
> work?
No, it doesn't. Even when running directly from the VirtualAcorn map, it
needs 4 clicks before it will start.

> On the times when a double-click doesn't work, if you wait a few seconds
> does anything happen at all?
No, nothing happens. I really have to quadruple click to get the program
started (or triple click. when it is attached to the task bar.
In the latter case, I get the Select Mode window after a double click
(should be a single click), after which I have to click a third time to
get the same window again.
I then have to choose OK in both windows. Everything else fails.

> Is it only VRPC this happens with?  (I might suspect a failing mouse button,
> or mouse driver problem if it happens elsewhere.)
It's absolutely only VRPC related. There's no mouse failure, nor any
extra mouse software.

>> Moreover, when I shut the program down, it always fails to quit. I have to
>> do that manually, sometimes even with Ctrl-Alt-Break.
> Do you do a proper shutdown of VRPC first?
Yes, either by clicking Ctrl-Shift-F12, or by choosing Shut down from
the Task menu.

Am I really the only one who experiences this weird behaviour?
Although it's not really a problem and I even got used to it by now, it
still is an inconvenience that I would like to sort out.

Kind regards,
Paul Sprangers