[Virtualacorn-list] Triple or quadruple click on Windows7

Jeremy Nicoll - ml virtualacorn jn.ml.vac.83 at wingsandbeaks.org.uk
Fri Jun 17 21:06:15 BST 2011

P. Sprangers <P.Sprangers at sprie.nl> wrote:

> Since I upgraded to Windows7 about 1 year ago, I can't start VirtualRPC
> with a normal double click on the icon - or with a single click when
> attached to the task bar. Instead, I have to quadruple click - or triple
> click when attached to the task bar. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Not me.  I can't imagine that this has anything to do with VRPC; it's
Windows that's translating "double click" into "do the run action for the
thing defined by the shortcut icon".

However I can imagine that there might be something with the shortcut
definition.

If you navigate to the VRPC program, then make a fresh shortcut to it (which
I presume is possible if it's like XP - right-click the program and choose
Create shortcut, or Send To desktop as a shortcut), does the new shortcut
work?

On the times when a double-click doesn't work, if you wait a few seconds
does anything happen at all?

Is it only VRPC this happens with?  (I might suspect a failing mouse button,
or mouse driver problem if it happens elsewhere.)

Do you have any extra mouse software, eg provided by the mouse vendor?

> Moreover, when I shut the program down, it always fails to quit. I have to
> do that manually, sometimes even with Ctrl-Alt-Break.

Do you do a proper shutdown of VRPC first?