[Virtualacorn-list] Epson Perfection 1640 scanner...

David J. Ruck druck at druck.org.uk
Mon Jul 26 22:14:04 BST 2010

On 26/07/2010 11:40, Roger Darlington wrote:

> I have an Epson Perfection 1640 scanner, which works by USB lead on an
> Iyonix, via DPlingScan.
>
> I now have a Windows7 64bit, ARM7500 RPC-VAadjust on RO 4.39. However,
> Epson do not produce a driver for Win7 64 bit, so the scanner doesn't
> work in windows.
>
> However, the Scanner /does/ work on an Iyonix when using DPlingScan.
> So can I get it to work using DPlingScan on the RPC-VAadjust? - it
> doesn't seem to... But the RO driver for the scanner is in the Twain
> as used by DPlingScan... So can it be made to work on RPC-VAadjust?

No, as there is no support in VRPC for using the host's USB devices.

It would be a very useful thing to have, but I don't think you'll ever
persuade Aaron to spend any money having such a feature implemented.
Particularly as it would have to be compatible with the Castle stack for
the Twain driver to work.

The solution is to buy another scanner with has a Windows 7 driver, new
ones are cheap, used ones on ebay are pennies.

Cheers
---David

Email: druck at druck.org.uk
Phone: +44-(0)7974 108301