[Virtualacorn-list] Maximum RAM on RO 4.39/ ARM7500-RPC-VA-adjust?

David J. Ruck druck at druck.org.uk
Mon Jul 26 08:06:36 BST 2010

On 25/07/2010 15:27, Roger Darlington wrote:

> I saw a mention somewhere that 256MB RAM is able to be allocated to
> VA, but in my experience, this allocation causes great problems for
> the filer: it crashes the computer.
>
> R-comp had to put my allocation back down to 160MB, where no problems
> are encountered (apart from continually running out of RAM when I am
> doing a lot of work with Netsurf, etc, etc).

Try 192MB (128MB+64MB). I'm not sure if higher such as 224MB is supported.

> [if relevant, I have 16MB allocated to the PinBoard, and it needs all
> that].

It isn't. But you might want to consider resizing your backdrop image to
the size of screen you are using for performance reasons.

> Is something amiss somewhere? Should I be able to go to 256MB RAM
> allocation?

Raise a bug report with ROL about the version of RISC OS you are using,
which you fail to mention, but your headers suggest is still 4.39.

Cheers
--
David J. Ruck
email: druck at druck.org.uk