[Virtualacorn-list] VRPC & USB HDD

Brian Jordan brian.jordan9 at btinternet.com
Fri Jan 8 16:17:36 GMT 2010

On 08 Jan, Mik Towse <mik.towse at xemik.com> wrote:
> In article <50d5a5613bbrian.jordan9 at btinternet.com> Brian Jordan  wrote:

[Snip]

> > Probably you could have applications stored externally too but I
> > haven't tried this. Hang on... now I have and you can. I guess then
> > that ultimately you could if you wanted just have the !Boot structure
> > in each of the HardDisc4s and everything else stored on the external
> > drive and thus ensure the machines are always cloned; not a
> > recommendation, just an observation.

> [snip]
> Thanks for your comments, but I wasn't sure what you meant by your last
> statement. But anyway, I've copied both ROS HDs to the USB HDD now & all
> works well.

[Snip]

Well, the rest of my mail reported what I do here and thus I can report
with some confidence that it works and even recommend the method. The
last part about the !Boot structures, only, being on the virtual hard
drives was speculation and without trying it I am in no position to
recommend it; that's all.

Brian

Brian Jordan