[Virtualacorn-list] RISC OS 6 Installation Problem

Jeremy Nicoll - virtualacorn jn.ml.vac.83 at wingsandbeaks.org.uk
Sat Feb 7 23:31:23 GMT 2009

Dave Symes <dave at triffid.co.uk> wrote:

> net.inet.udp.checksum: Unimplimented SWI

is not a problem as far as I know - my 4.39 VRPC system always shows that.

In fact I've edited the file which issues the command that causes that
response so it includes a reminder that this is normal.  The file is:

 !Boot.Resources.!Internet.!Run

and I now have the lines:

 Echo JN: !Boot.Resources.!Internet.!Run - ignore msg about invalid SWI:
 Echo

in there just before the section which contains:

| Enable UDP checksums which are disabled by default (compatibility with
earlier stacks)

X Sysctl -w net.inet.udp.checksum=1 > null:

Sysctl -w net.inet.udp.checksum=1 > null:

| Note that we just ignore errors here as this call may fail on VRPC systems
but it is
| harmless - 'True' Internet systems should accept the option without
problems and
| if they do have a problem then the lack of UDP checksums is less useful
but not
| unworkable.

Sorry I can't help with the other problem.