[Virtualacorn-list] RISC OS 6 Installation Problem

Brian Carroll briancarroll at f2s.com
Sat Feb 7 17:34:07 GMT 2009

In article <5029f28d15dave at triffid.co.uk>, Dave Symes
<dave at triffid.co.uk> wrote:
> I decided to get one of my VRPC AdjustSA installs upgraded
> from a stable 4.39 to 6.14.  (Running on Win XP)

> The RO upgrade went okay, but my problem now happens during
> the RO boot sequence. I wonder if anyone knows what the
> following is all about.

[Snip]

> At this point the caret is ticking, the hourglass ticks over
> but nothing else happens, the VRPC is effectly frozen.

> It requires a click on the Windows, window close tool to exit.

> I have no idea what-so ever what's happening, and If I revert
> to the backup 4.39 boot, it all starts up okay. (Obviously in
> 4.39).

I can't answer your question but have you read the thread with
the same title I re-started on 2 Feb 09 from some unanswered
questions last year? It may suggest something useful.

I am myself hoping for more info before I risk knackering a
perfectly satisfactory RISC OS 4.39 installation. I am encouraged
by your posting that implies you had no difficulty reverting to
the base ROM image from RISC OS 6.14

Brian.