[Virtualacorn-list] RISC OS 6 Installation Problem

Dave Symes dave at triffid.co.uk
Sat Feb 7 16:04:13 GMT 2009

I decided to get one of my VRPC AdjustSA installs upgraded from a stable
4.39 to 6.14.  (Running on Win XP)

The RO upgrade went okay, but my problem now happens during the RO boot
sequence.
I wonder if anyone knows what the following is all about.

Starts up.
Does the 4.39 initial screen.
Blanks then goes in to the 6.14 Boot up routine.

The usual list starts...
Blaaa, blaa...
Removing a number of items...
Starting Window (L), ImageFileGadget (R).
HostFS::Hardisc4.$.!Boot.Choices.Hardware.Disables.Boot.Predesk.SetupNet
net.inet.udp.checksum: Unimplimented SWI

At this point the caret is ticking, the hourglass ticks over but nothing
else happens, the VRPC is effectly frozen.

It requires a click on the Windows, window close tool to exit.

I have no idea what-so ever what's happening, and If I revert to the
backup 4.39 boot, it all starts up okay. (Obviously in 4.39).

Thanks
Dave S