[Virtualacorn-list] NetSurf on VRPC for Mac

Vince M Hudd vince at softrock.co.uk
Wed Sep 10 18:45:07 BST 2008

Tricia Garner <tricia at orchid-squad.org.uk> wrote:

> They are identical in that the local files are held in Develop and
> Published, Develop being the directory where files are worked on and
> Published where the finished files are stored (I use HTMLEdit). The
> stylesheet is held in a top level directory called Styles so the
> path to the local version is

> Websites.Orchid-Talk.Develop.styles.orchid/css and
> Websites.Orchid-Talk.Published.styles.orchid/css and the link to the
> external files is http://www.orchid-talk.co.uk/styles/orchid.css

The first thing that tells me is that I misread what you originally
said. Because you mentioned that it works on the Iyonix, I formed the
impression - even though you didn't actually say it - that when
looking at them in VRPC, you were doing so across a network, from the
Iyonix's hard drive. If that's not the case, then completely ignore my

In fact, looking at your site, the link to the CSS files for pages in
your top level directory is styles/orchid.css - as in:

<link rel="stylesheet" href="styles/orchid.css" type="text/css">

And in directories below that, it's ../styles/orchid.css

If the pages on your hard drive are similarly linked, then NetSurf
shouldn't have a problem - so as Alan has pointed out, it may be that
the CSS file doesn't have the correct filetype. Try setting it to &f79
(CSS) and see if that fixes it.

--
Vince M Hudd, Soft Rock Software   -   www.softrock.co.uk   -
www.vinceh.co.uk