[Virtualacorn-list] List Feature request

Adam lists at snowstone.org.uk
Wed Sep 10 08:50:27 BST 2008

In message <gemini.k6ya8g0020w4b04b8.vince at softrock.co.uk>, Vince M Hudd  wrote:

> Adam <lists at snowstone.org.uk> wrote:
>
> > Is it possible to disable the incessant adding of
> > [Virtualacorn-list] to the subject line?
>
> It can be turned off, but some people using older software find it
> useful - particularly those with an email client that doesn't
> "understand" mailing lists.

Do you know any specific clients that can't handle it? Messenger can and
I'm sure Pluto can also.

In any case, obviously several people would rather it left in
(presumably because they don't want to know how to best use the software
they own ;) so I guess the majority gets to rule. :(

> A good, modern email client should not only understand mailing lists,
> but might also understand that the tag is there for a good reason, and
> offer the user the opportunity to suppress its display. I'd be
> surprised if Messenger Pro, which you are using, doesn't offer this
> facility.

Hmm, sadly it doesn't - or at least not that I can see. I be happy to be
corrected. :)

Adam

--
Adam Richardson          Carpe Diem