[Virtualacorn-list] An Iyonix Replacement?

ATimbrell at aol.com ATimbrell at aol.com
Fri Oct 17 10:59:00 BST 2008

paulstewart at phawfaux.co.uk writes:

>Hi Aaron,

>I have to admit, I have the same  problem

>I am running  WXP Pro SP3, VRPCSE V1.6, RISC OS  6.10.
>When I select 1400x900 as a screen resolution, I am limited
>to a maximum colour depth of 256.
>The mode file I am using is  VirtualRPC-SE.

>I'm guessing there must either be a file missing or  setting wrong.
>Can you advise on where to look?

I'm not really sure why it isn't working. So we will need to go  through
it slowly to see if we can find the cause.

Firstly - if you go back to the default VRPC version of RISC OS
(4.02 or 4.39) can you then select the 1400 x 900 mode in full
24bit?

If not then we need to take a look at the !Boot sequence:

Rename the current !Boot as something sensible (e.g. TempBoot)
(note the lack of a ! character). Rename the "Bootxxx" that was
backed up by the RISC OS 6 installer as !Boot. Shut down and
restart - does VRPC now display the correct resultion at the
correct colour depth?

Aaron (VirtualAcorn)