[Virtualacorn-list] An Iyonix Replacement?

Paul Stewart paulstewart at phawfaux.co.uk
Fri Oct 17 17:55:44 BST 2008

In message <ceb.46748c52.3629bbe4 at aol.com>
          ATimbrell at aol.com wrote:

> paulstewart at phawfaux.co.uk writes:

>>Hi Aaron,

>>I have to admit, I have the same  problem

>>I am running  WXP Pro SP3, VRPCSE V1.6, RISC OS  6.10.
>>When I select 1400x900 as a screen resolution, I am limited
>>to a maximum colour depth of 256.
>>The mode file I am using is  VirtualRPC-SE.

>>I'm guessing there must either be a file missing or  setting wrong.
>>Can you advise on where to look?

> I'm not really sure why it isn't working. So we will need to go  through
> it slowly to see if we can find the cause.

> Firstly - if you go back to the default VRPC version of RISC OS
> (4.02 or 4.39) can you then select the 1400 x 900 mode in full
> 24bit?

Under 4.02  1400 x 900 works fine in 24bit colour.

This is at least a good sign!  It would therefore appear to be
something RO6 related.  Any ideas?

Regards
--
Paul Stewart -  Far Bletchley, Milton Keynes, England.
(msn:sa110 at hotmail.com)

If the answer is wrong, you have asked an incorrect question.

Dare To Be Different.  Use RISC OS (http://www.riscos.com).
It's blue and from outta town -
(http://www.advantage6.co.uk/A9hsplash.html).
A9home Compatibility -